Hello lovely people!
I'm writing this post in a very weird state of mind. I have been pretty put off by a lot of things that have been happening around this here manor. It's beginning to feel so much like high school; there are personalities and drama that I am definitely turned off by and it's a struggle to remember to shake things off and not let the drama get to me.
HOWEVER, I am still having a lot of fun in between everything else. I also have many things to look forward to, which always helps me a lot! Last weekend I stayed at the manor while a lot of the school went to Edinburgh on the school trip. Nicole, Nicole, Andrea and I chose to get ahead on our school work and read Shakespeare's Henry IV in it's entirety! We read it with voices and everything. We read ALL day on Friday, watched the movie version with a bigger group on Friday night, and read again ALL day on Saturday. We of course had study breaks; taking walks and watching Dirty dancing and catching up on TV shows from back home! We managed to turn it into a good time. It was actually very nice having my room to myself because all 3 of my roommates were on trips. At first it was very weird having only about 30 people in the manor that weekend, but it was nice and quiet and refreshing toward the end. I did end up getting less sleep than I get when my roommates are there because I had no reason to be quiet or anything so I Skyped lots and enjoyed my alone time.
This week has been full of drama. There are so many rumors going around about different people and situations. The one thing I cannot handle is talking about people behind their back. While I am human and catch myself doing that very thing sometimes, I try very hard not to and I get very down when others do it. And here, people do it A LOT. I'm hoping things change or that I can just learn to let things slide. I'm here to study, meet quality people, and ultimately learn about myself.
I am so very thankful right now for Ashleigh, Kirby, and Mallory because they are probably the 3 people here that I act completely like myself around and they don't judge me about anything. I miss some of the people that I hung out with at the beginning and I hope that time works everything out.
This weekend I will be seeing the Shakespeare play As You Like It at the Globe Theater in Stratford-Upon-Avon. I'm super excited :) I also have Ireland to look forward to. That trip will follow our first British Studies exam...which obviously I am kinda freaked out about! But the trip will be a nice reward for taking the huge test :) Also, Mom FINALLY booked her ticket and will be coming to England on 11 October! We decided that we will go to Edinburgh together because everyone that went on the school trip last weekend said they absolutely loved it and I feel like I HAVE to go there now! She's also going to stay in the manor for a few nights and meet my Meet-A-Family mom and dad! Which reminds me, next post I will talk about them. I feel like I should go now and study for my Marketing exam that I have tomorrow!
Please comment because I like to know that people are actually reading these jumbled thoughts of mine!
Missing you all, tons and tons!
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am reading your jumbled thoughts friend and I enjoy them immensely! I'm sorry to hear about dramatic bitches, that's never fun! Just remember that you are in ENGLAND!! Sooo jealous! Enjoy every second, even if other people try to bring you down! We miss you like crazy!
ReplyDeleteKeep writing and I'll keep reading! :D
i keep forgetting to check things out and see how you are doing. I miss you so much and like always there is so much to tell you and you to me...i hope you have a wonderful time with your mom :D
ReplyDelete