Monday, August 24, 2009

Almost there!

It's still hard for me to believe that I leave for England on Thursday! This trip has seemed like such a long time coming and I'm so excited that it is finally almost starting! I will be leaving the Minneapolis airport around 2 pm on Thursday. I have a short layover in Detroit and then will aboard the flight to London which will arrive on Friday at 7:30 am (1:30 central time). Friday will be very busy with orientation and class (already!) so I will probably not be able to reach a computer until late Friday night ..which will be early evening for all of you! Yesterday I got a bunch of packing done but I still have a lot to go. I got some British pounds that I feel are much too pretty to spend! Everything is starting to sink in and the closer Thursday gets the more real it all feels.

A lot of people have been wondering about where I will be staying. Here's a link to the Harlaxton College website: http://web.harlaxton.ac.uk/harlaxton/index.cfm It shows the beautiful manor that will be my home for 4 months and explains a bit about the history of the manor and the school itself. Browse around if you'd like; it's very interesting!

I will update as much as possible because I will definitely want to share all the wonderful experiences that have yet to occur. Thanks for all the support and good wishes. My next update will be directly from England - COOL :) Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have the time of your life! ENJOY the moments! Can't wait to read all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so glad you're having an amazing time! We knew you would. It sounds like a fabulous place to be. Have fun in choir as I KNOW you have a beautiful voice, stunned your mom though. Takke care, Love, hugs, and blessings. Auntie! XXXOOOO

    ReplyDelete