Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Precursor to the real deal

I still have yet to blog about Ireland. I was thinking of making a video blog, seeing as that was a long trip and so much happened! Although the pictures I took do not even do Ireland justice, I will also post those soon! It is a beautiful country...which is why I have decided to return :) I am going back to Dublin the last weekend of October. We got about 4 good hours in Dublin with the school trip, which was not enough for me. So I booked hostels and flights with Mallory, Kirby and Asheigh. I also have not travelled with them yet, so I'm very much looking forward to that trip! This weekend I went to Oxford, Bath and Stonehenge. I am not going to go into the nitty gritty details right now because this is mainly just a blog to let you all know that I'm still alive and well, I have simply been extremely busy and have not had time to blog or post pictures.

Presently, MY MOTHER IS IN LONDON!! We are finally in the same country and I think I get to see her in close to 24 hours! We were not going to see each other until Thursday morning, but now she is coming to Harlaxton and staying in the manor tomorrow night! Then we are catching a train into Edinburgh for the weekend!

What a crazy, busy time this is in the semester. We're about halfway through the semester (ALREADY!) and things are definitely starting to pile up and hit all at once. But that's part of the experience, part of the challenge; learning to manage all this school work with travelling and spending as much time as we can with the friends who we will separate with in a matter of weeks.

My Brit Lit professor, John Walser, gave a poetry reading in the Bistro last night. I always feel inspired, after hearing other people spill their souls, to write. I spent the majority of last night writing - not working on my take-home exam for his class! I think he wouldn't mind...too much :) His poetry was excellent. Full of symbolism and dripping with similes - but always bringing it back to a level of understanding and universality. I was very impressed and got to know him on a more personal level.

Next on the agenda: a video of Ireland, the tale of Oxford/Bath/Stonehenge and pictures of both trips!

Hoping that all is well in the lives of you all! :)
P.S: I changed it so now anyone can comment these suckers. Before, you had to be a registered Google user. Not so anymore :)

2 comments:

  1. so happy to know all is well and that I can actually "comment" without trying to sign my life away! Your Dad let me know that your mom arrived safely and she will now be in your care= Ha! Enjoy and will hope to hear all about the trip when ur mom returns--

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey-- my name is Shannon and I work with your mom . I spend a semester at Harlaxton in 1995 (wow, that makes me really old) !! It is fun to read about Harlaxton on your blog- it sounds like things haven't changed too much at the manor. We have a really wild class and I am pretty sure they were happy to see us go!! It's so cool your mom is able to visit you-- that will help when go home and want to talk about England. Enjoy !!!

    ReplyDelete